- The Flanagan effect: Tasmanian literature in the spotlight. 2015. The Conversation
- Hay, Pete, 2014, 'Liberating the spirit of our island: Richard Flanagan takes Tasmania out into the world', The Mercury, October
- 'Richard Flanagan on the authors right to speak', 2009, Radio National: The Books Show. Audio [14:30]
- Richard Flanagan on The Narrow Road to the Deep North. Richard Flanagan talks about the question of good and evil raised in this book.
The Inaugural Boisbouvier Lecture, Melbourne Writers Festival, 2016
- 'Does Writing Matter?, The Monthly, 2016
The Man Booker Prize, 2014
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North - Winner of the Man Booker Prize, 2014.
- Brown, Mark, Man Booker Prize: Richard Flanagan wins 'with a timeless depiction of war', The Guardian 15 October 2014.
- Richard Flanagan shortlisted for the 2014 Man Booker prize. ABC News, 10 September 2014
- Romei, Stephen, Author Richard Flanagan leads the charge for Australia, 10 September 2014.
Richard Flanagan's novel First Person is based on his own experience when he was asked to ghost write a book about the fraudster and conman John Friedrich (1950-1991).
- You can read more about John Friedrich in an entry by Frank Bongiorno in the Australian Dictionary of Biography.
- << Prev