Page 2 of 9
- Death of a river guide
- Gould's book of fish
- The Narrow Road to the deep north [Winner of the 2014 Man Booker Prize]
- The Sound of one hand clapping
- The Unknown terrorist
- And what do you do, Mr Gable? New and collected essays. First published in 2011 with this new edition released in 2015. It includes his famous essay on woodchipping in Tasmania, and his closing address at the 2014 Perth Writers' Festival On love stories and Reza Baratti.
- The Australian disease: on the decline of love and the rise of non-freedom. 'The Australian Disease' was originally presented as Liberty Victoria's Alan Missen Oration, doubling as the Closing Address of the 2011 Melbourne Writers' Festival. From the Black Inc "Short Blacks": classic shots of Australian writing.
- Seize the fire: three speeches. Gathered here are three of his recent speeches in which interweaves topics as diverse as troubadour poetry, love stories and the murder of the refugee Reza Barati; his top ten Tasmanian novels and the Australian Pacific Solution; and his much-celebrated National Press Club address where he questioned the militarisation of Australian memory and argued for the need for formal Indigenous recognition.
Criticism and interpretation: