Craig Silvey is an Australian novelist and musician. He grew up on an orchard in Dwellingup, Western Australia. His first novel Rhubarb was published when he was 19. It won the 'One Book' Award at the Perth International Writers' Festival in 2005.
Silvey has written of the pressure he felt after receiving this award in regard to his efforts to write his next novel; which was the very successful Jasper Jones.
'With this singular novel Silvey confirms his place as a young writer to watch. In all important respects Jasper Jones is an Australian To Kill a Mockingbird.'
Williams, Michael, 2009, The Monthly
On our shelves:
- Jasper Jones [DVD] - Directed by Rachel Perkins [98 min.]
- ABC Perth Radio, Under the covers with Craig Silvey'. An interview with Rachel Fountain. [22.07]
- Australian Writers Centre - Craig Silvey: Award-winning novelist Podcast [24:21]
- Cinema Australia, 2017, Interview: Rachel Perkins and Craig Silvey Jasper Jones
- Purcell, John, 2010, Craig Silvey answers ten terrifying questions, Booktopia, April 12.
- Van Neerven, Ellen, 2017, 'Through the window: the trap of curiosity in Rachel Perkin's Jasper Jones,' Metro, no. 193, pp.7-11.
- White, Claire, 2018, 'Can't be in this anymore': the Australian gothic and oppressive home of Japser Jones', Screen Education, no. 88, pp.118-123.
- Allen & Unwin's author profile - Craig Silvey
- Birch, Tony, 2012, Craig Silvey, Readings, April 28
- McEvoy, Marc, 2012, 'Power to blow your mind', The Sydney Morning Herald, October 21
- Williams, Michael, 2009, 'Jasper Jones a novel by Craig Silvey, The Monthly
Jasper Jones - Criticism and interpretation:
- Craig Slivey discusses writing Jasper Jones
- The Wheeler Centre: Craig Silvey on adapting Jasper Jones
- Williams, Gail, 2009, Big Book Club - Jasper Jones, News.com