- Atwood, Margaret, 2013, 'When privacy is theft', New York Review of Books, 21 November
- Linklater, Alexander, 2013, 'Dave Eggers at his fluent best tackling the notion of privacy in an online age', The Guardian, 13 October
- Ullman, Ellen, 2013, 'Ring of power', The New York Times, 1 November
Heroes of the Frontier:
- Kakutani, Nichiko, 2016, 'Dave Eggers's New Novel, 'Heroes of the Frontier', New York Times, 17 July
- Preston, Alex, 2016, 'Dave Eggers finds utopia in Alaska', The Guardian, July 17
A Hologram for the King:
- Churchwell, Sarah, 2013, 'A Hologram for the King: crisis management,' New Statesman, 21 February
- Tait, Theo, 2013, 'A Hologram for the King', The Guardian, 30 January
What is the What?
- Anderson, David, 2006, 'Truly heartbreaking', New York - Books, 30 October
- Prose, Francine, 2006, 'The Lost boy', The New York Times, 24 December
Where the Wild Things are?
- Ness, Patrick, 2009, 'The Wild Things', The Guardian, 24 October
- Tatar, Maria, 2009, 'Everybody's wild thing', The Globe and the Mail, 20 November
Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever?
- Klay, Phil, 2014, 'Troubled inquisitor'The New York Times, 26 June
- Lawson, Mark, 2014, 'Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever?' The Guardian, 3 July
How are we hungry?
- Hyland, M.J., 2005,'How are we hungry?' The Age, 28 May
- Scott, A.O., 2005, 'How are we hungry?: King Dave', 5 December
A Heartbreaking work of staggering genius
- Farringer, Janice, A., 2000 'Appealing self indulgent', January Magazine
- Mosel, Sarah, 2000, 'My brother's keeper', New York Times, 20 February
The Art of McSweeny's
- Shipley, Jonathan, 2010, 'The Art of McSweeney's', Fine Books & Collections, 19 July - Includes YouTube clip [2:40]
The Exquisite book
- The Exquisite book - on Vimeo
- Egan, Timothy, 2009, 'After the deluge', New York Times, 13 August
- Martin, Valerie, 2010, 'Zeiton by Dave Eggers', The Guardian, 21 March