- Begley, Adam, 2006, 'Prize-winning British novel catches catalyst in action', Observer' 16 January
- Clark, Alex, 2005, 'Fresh light on Amber and Eve. The Telegraph, 29 May
Girl meets boy:
- 'Girl meets boy', Publisher's Weekly'.
- 'Matterson, Marie, 2014, 'What I loved: Girl meets boy', the myth of Iphis by Ali Smith', Readings, 11 June
How to be both:
- Day, Elizabeth, 2014, 'How to be both review - Ali Smith's dazzling dual-narrative novel, The Guardian, 7 September
- Flannery, Patrick, 2014, 'How to be both by Ali Smith, review - brimming with pain and joy. Ali Smith's latest work ... subtly but surely reinvents the novel,' The Telegraph, 14 October
There but for the:
- Lezard, Nicholas, 2012, 'The but for the by Ali Smith review. Ali Smith is a master of stylistic daring', The Guardian, 17 July
In this sequence of novels Smith seeks to explore 'what time is , how we experience it'.
- Kavenna, Joanna, 2016, 'Autumn by Ali Smith review - a beautiful transient symphony', The Guardian, 12 October
- Scholes, Lucy, 2016, 'One of the delights of her work is its down to earth realism', The Independent, 19 October
- Merritt, Stephanie, 2017, 'Winter by Ali Smith review - luminously beautiful', The Guardian, 5 November
- Papinchak, Robert Allen, 2018, 'Ali Smith's 'Winter' is a fine , intricate novel of friendship and life', The National Book Review
- McAlpin, Heller, 2019, 'Ali Smith's 'Spring' unfolds like a fern', NPR, 30 April
- Preston, Alex, 2019, 'Spring by Ali Smith review - luminous and generous', The Guardian, 19 March
- Hendrix, Jenny, 2013, 'The Brightest in the world: Ali Smith's Artful', The Los Angeles Review of Books, 23 January.
- Segal, Victoria, 2013, 'Artful by Ali Smith review. A fictional framework of grief and ghosts infuses these essays, originally given at Oxford in 2012, with blood warm intimacy', The Guardian, 9 November
- Kelleway, Kate, 2015, 'Public Library and other stories by Ali Smith review - passionate about the printed word', The Guardian, 3 November
- Wade, Francesca, 2015, 'Public library and other stories by Ali Smith. This story collection quietly lambasts the policymakers closing public libraries', Financial Times, 31 October.
The Story of Antigone
- 'The Story of Antigone by Ali Smith', 2016, The Guardian, 5 July