Colm Toibin is an Irish novelist, short story writer, playwright, critic and poet. He is the Irene and Sidney B. Silmerman Professor of the Humanities at Columbia University. He is famous for his literary works about Irish society, creativity and homosexuality.
- The Modern library: the 200 best novels in English since 1950 by Carmen Callil & Colm Toibin
- New ways to kill your Mother
- Sean Scully: the walls of Aran with an introduction by Colm Toibin.
- Testament of Mary read by Meryl Streep [3 hours]
- eLibrary - General author/title search
- Costa Book Awards: Colm Toibin interview telegraph.co.uk
- The Interview: Colm Toibin smh.com.au
- You can take the man out of Ireland... guardian.co.uk
- Schillinger, Liesl, 2009, 'The Reluctant immigrant', The New York Times, May 1st.
- Taylar, Christopher, 2009, 'The Country girl: Colm Toibin's quiet intensity brings the past to life', in The Guardian, 9 May.
Homage to Barcelona
- Treisman, D, 2013, This week in fiction: Colm Toibin, The New Yorker, February 24
House of Names
- Mcalpin, Heller, 2017, 'House of cards is a violent page turner, and a surprising departure', NPR Books, May 10.
- Preston, Alex, 2017, 'House of names by Colm Toibin - a brilliant retelling of a Greek tragedy', The Guardian, May 22.
- Mars-Jones, Adam, 2005, In his master's voice, The Guardian, 23 February
- Mendelsohn, Daniel, 20014, The Passion of Henry James, New York Times, 20 June
New Ways to Kill your Mother
- Hadley, Tessa, 2012, 'New ways to kill your mother by Colm Toibin, in The Guardian, 22nd February
- Hadley,Tessa, 2014, Nora Webster by Colm Toibin review - a rare and tremendous achievement, The Guardian, 11 October
- Mcalpin, Heller, 2014 ,A slow simmer of grief and strength in Nora Webster, NPR books, October 11
Testament of Mary
- Gordon, Mary, 2012, Blessed among women. The Testament of Mary by Colm Toibin, 9 November
- Oppenheimer, Mark, 2012, Gospel truth - Colm Toibin reinvents Mary, New Republic, 26 December
- British Council - Literature: entry for Colm Toibin
- The Guardian - a series of articles about or by Colm Toibin