It was noted in the 2012 Australian Year Book that 'many chronic diseases can be prevented, delayed or improved by addressing lifestyle factors such as smoking, poor diet, insufficient exercise or obesity.' The Year Book also shows that not many Australians actually meet the recommended dietary guidelines, which is unfortunately reflected in the rise of some of the diet-related diseases listed below.
On our shelves:
Read the personal narratives of some people who have dealt with and overcome eating disorders.
- BBC: Good Food
- Better Health Channel: Body image and diets
- Better Health Channel: Body mass index (BMI)
- Better Health Channel: Healthy eating for adolescent girls
- CSIRO Total Wellbeing diet
- Nutrition Australia: Healthy eating and adolescents
- Australian Government. Department of Health and Aging. Information and links on Anorexia nervosa
- Better Health Channel. Anorexia Nervosa
- Garvan Institute: Anorexia Nervosa
- Better Health Channel: Binge eating disorder
- Butterfly Foundation: What is Bulimia nervosa?
- Eating disorders Victoria: Bulimia nervosa
- Psychology Today Australia: Bulimia nervosa
- << Prev