Overweight and obesity is now a serious health issue and Australia is ranked as one of the fattest nations in the developed world. The prevalence of obesity in Australia has more than doubled over the past 20 years.
The Library catalogue is a powerful searching tool. Use a basic keyword search to get you quickly to the resources you will find on our shelves.
There are eleven titles in Obesity: Modern-day epidemic series, and this would be a good place to start.
Other books you may care to look at include:
- ABC. Health and wellbeing - Obesity
- Fast food edited by Justin Healey. Volume 343 from the Issues in Society series
- Nutrition sense: counting calories, figuring out fats, and eating balanced meals. From the Library of Nutrition series
- Obesity and overweight edited by Justin Healey. Volume 480 from the Issues in Society series
- That sugar book: the book that will change the way you think about 'healthy' food by Damon Gameau
- Sweet poison: why sugar makes us fat by David Gillespie
On our shelves:
- World Book Encyclopedia
- Human diseases and conditions. Volume 2 - Obesity, pages 623-630.
- U.X.L. Encyclopedia of Diseases and Disorders. Volume 4 - Obesity, pages 769-775
Issues in Society : Digital editions
Audio Visual resources
You will find a range of useful databases on the Library website. They include full-text journals and magazine articles, and a range of newspapers. For up-to-date information in any area of Health Studies you will need to access the material you will find in this area. Remember you will need your User Name and Password to log into this section of our website.
- Better Health Channel. Obesity
- National Health and Medical Research Council. Obesity and overweight
- Obesity Australia: understanding and action