On August 9 1945, a second atomic bomb was dropped. The target this time was Nagaskai.
On our shelves:
Many of our books on Hiroshima will also have sections or chapters devoted to Nagasaki. Two of these are:
- Grant, R.G., 1997, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Wayland, Hove, East Sussex
- Ham, Paul, 2011, Hiroshima and and Nagasaki, HarperCollins, Sydney
The following book, published in 2015, is said to do for "Nagasaki what John Hersey did for Hiroshima: (J. W. Dower)
- Southard, S, 2015, Nagasaki: life aftr nuclear war, Viking, New York
- Atomic bombing Nagasaki and Urakami Cathedral. According to some 15,000 Christians lived in this area, 10,000 of whom are reported to have died as a result of the bomb.
- Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum. This site is available in both English and Japanese
- << Prev