Julian Tenison Woods (1832-1889) was a Catholic priest, educationist and scientist. He arrived in Van Diemen's Land in 1855, moving onto Adelaide 3-months later. Woods was ordained as a diocesan priest on 4 January 1857 and took charge of the large parish of Penola. With Mother Mary MacKillop he helped to found the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart at Penola, South Australia in 1866.
"There is an echo in the harmonies of nature which penetrates the soul, and lures it on like the sound of distant music, until it has no eye or ear for aught except the works of its creator"
Julian Tenison Woods 'Symphony of life'
- Next >>