Australia in Asian and the Pacific course enables learners to study the social, cultural, religious and geographical diversity in Australia, Asia and the Pacific region. Its focus is on building an understanding of becoming 'Asia literate'. It is also designed to encourage learners to develop understanding of the importance of Australia's relationships within the region in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Australia in Asia and the Pacific nurtures learner's appreciation of, and respect for, diversity. It also gives learners an opportunity to develop and understanding of what it means to be a global citizen. Themes running through the course topics include geographic and human diversity, relationships and environmental issues.
TASC. 2018, Australia in Asia and the Pacific, AAP315116
On our shelves:
Trade, security and aid
Library subject guides
Other relevant Library subject guides:
- Natural disasters and weather - Use this guide to help you find material for your report for a National Crises Case Study
You will need your user name and password to log onto the following resources.
Journals and magazines:
- Proquest Newsstand
- APEC - Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Australian Government: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Country Briefs - Search for the country in the AAP region you are researching
- United Nations - Asia and the Pacific
- ABC News - Did Aboriginal and Asian people trade before European settlement in Darwin?
- ASEAN - Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Asia Society
- Asian Development Bank
- Australian Government: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - South East Asia
- Tourism Australia - Market regions: South & South East Asia
- Australian Government: Pacific Climate Change Science
- Australian Government: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Overview of Australia's Pacific Regional aid program
- Australian Government: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - The Pacific
- National Geographic: See how Pacific Islanders are living with climate change
- Pacific Forum CSIS - Centre for Strategic and International Studies
- Pacific Islands Development Forum