Begin study early
Don't wait until the Study Vac week ... preparation can begin much earlier than that.
- Obtain a copy of your textbooks as soon as possible. Make yourself familiar with the contents and try and undertake some early reading of the relevant chapters.
- Start a study group with students also studying the same subject. Feedback from peers will be useful as your year progresses.
- Don't avoid boring or difficult sections of the course. Seek help as soon as possible, this will pay off later on.
- Work through past papers which are available at Tasmanian Qualifications Authority
Create a Study Space
You need to find a space that works for you. This space should not be where you normally eat, sleep or relax. A regular place will:
- Prompt your mind that you are about to concentrate on study and study only.
- Free you from other distractions (such as answering the phone, email, etc.).
- Help you to take control of this important area of your life.