We are living in what is often called the information age. Rather than having to deal with not enough information, the problem is you often have to face information overload.
Someone who is information literate at this time is a person who can:
- Recognise a problem and is able to define that problem.
- Determine the key question and/or concepts suggested by the problem.
- Decide how to plan a search.
- Identify where they have to go to find the information they need.
- Evaluate the information they locate during their search.
- Organise and use the information appropriately.
- Review, communicate and present the information.